NCC Group Domain Services (née Artemis Internet)
Senior Software Engineer
January 2014 - September 2014
- Developed service-oriented APIs using Ruby on Rails (SOA architecture).
- Implemented response pagination and API versioning using HTTP request headers.
- Encouraged adoption of regular, frequent releases.
Senior Software Engineer
August 2013 - January 2014
- Invented an automated, external, hardware testing framework for detecting whether a device in a test lab made an audible sound.
- Led iOS application-security efforts.
- Implemented SSL-certificate pinning for iPhone and iPad apps.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Architect Lead, Mobile Emerging Technologies
April 2011 - June 2013
- Developed a cross-platform data visualization library using C/C++, with native interfaces for iOS (Objective-C) and Android (NDK, Java/JNI).
- Designed a declarative user-interface architecture for producing native user experiences with the flexibility of web applications to deliver immediate updates and dynamic experiences.
- Co-authored and co-researched an internal white-paper evaluating native, web, "hybrid," and cross-platform mobile application development strategies.
- Key contributor to the Chase and J.P. Morgan iOS, Android and mobile web banking applications.
- Certified Mobile Application Security Champion.
Resource Interactive (now IBM iX)
March 2010 - April 2011
- Led development of Resource's Distributed Commerce Platform (formerly known as "Off the Wall") from prototype to patented product platform.
- Created DCP's high-performance, PCI/DSS-Level-1-compliant session proxying API and architecture built on CentOS, Apache, Zend Framework and MySQL.
- Responsible for the ongoing mentorship of the company's bright young stars in ResourceLAB.
- Led company-wide adoption of Scrum, ResourceLAB adoption of XP and BDD/TDD. Developed courses and training materials, and spearheaded mentorship and promotion.
- Played a vital role in the launch and success of RI:U, an internal continuing-education initiative. Led brown-bag introductions to Scrum, JIRA, BDD/TDD, Flash vs. HTML5/CSS3.
- Received the first "XLNT: Never Been Done Before" award ever, for inventing the Distributed Commerce Platform.
PCI DSS Compliant Proxy Service United States 8,886,937. Issued November 11, 2014.
System and Method of Enterprise and On-Line Franchise Models for E-Commerce Website United States 11/940,974. Filed November 15, 2007.
System and Method of Bridging a Product Catalog from a Central E-Commerce Website to Remote Access United States 11/940,947. Filed November 15, 2007.
Mathematics, CIS at The Ohio State University