- All work is visualized on the board. There is no such thing as work "outside the scope of the iteration/project/team".
- Todo/Doing/Done is not your process. The columns on the board should reflect your actual workflow. One way to find your process is to work backwards from "done", asking "What happens before that?".
- Blocked should be a label, not a column.
- Consider adding a Documentation column, after review, so that the important work of updating documentation isn't lost is the hustle.
- Done is not a column, because merging/deployment isn't the end of our work. Use Monitor in Production, Collect Metrics, Gather Release Feedback, or some other term that reflects our actual post-launch processes instead.
- Use WIP limits.
- Use colors, wisely.
2020-2022, Michael Fleet